Monday, March 17, 2008

are you HAPPY?? (e.g. "Treating Yourself Kindly"

Never having done this, I will do it now....
here's an awesome blog entry I found by the one and only Kris Vallatton!



"Whether you are young or old, male or female, or introverted or extroverted, you have more conversations with yourself than you have with anyone one else in the world. There was a study completed by a large university that found that the average person hears twelve hundred words a minute of self-talk. The study found that eleven hundred of these words are negative in most people! If you add to that fact that we tend to trust ourselves more than anyone else, what do you think happens when we talk down, punish or talk negatively to our self? I’ll tell you what happens; it destroys our confidence, kills are self-esteem and yields the fruit of depression, hopeless and fear.
Christians should be the happiest people on the planet! Think about it, Jesus prayed, “But now I come to You (Father); and these things I speak in the world so that they may have My joy made full in themselves” (John 17:13). ... "Read the rest here!


After reading the whole thing, I can tell myself (and my wonderful readers) that I am so proud of myself for using pictures I took myself, instead of googling random people! I love all those grins!

~joy, joy, joy...joey, joey, joey! Happy 1st birthday!

~Dutchess

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

that one at the end is the best! Some of those others are questionable...:)

Anonymous said...

deffinately happiness in his eyes...

Anonymous said...

Your friends have the joy of the Lord.I bet the room lights up the moment they enter it! :-D

Dutchess said...

Especially you, angel face!

Anonymous said...

Aww thanks!:-)

Anonymous said...

so wher is my head scarf??????

the delapers said...

When I find myself talking to myself, I keep thinking of this post, and I remember to say nice words to myself!!!

Ellen Denise said...

Hi!!!

i liked of your blog!!!

I'm Ellen :)

Blessings....

Ellen Denise said...

ohh, thank you!!
:)

Where are you live??
I'm from Brazil

I saw "Compassion Internacional"
it's my passion to help de need.

:D

Ellen Denise said...

it's amazing and new for me, i love thiss!!!

i love this feeling of compassion this last week, and will make the difference, my last post speaks a little about this...

your name is Dutchess??

We can work togethr with this passion for the need people, what you think??

Im going at church now...
but , see you tomorrow

bye!!!

Ellen Denise said...

Hello!!!
How are you??

Do you have myspace??

this is mine:http://www.myspace.com/ellenkaleu

visit please!!

bye...

Ellen Denise said...

send me the link, please :)

Do you have messenger??