Thursday, April 3, 2008

Success!

After my recent post on my upcoming dresses, I am sorry to say the burgundy dress has been pulled, due to a calamity involving my inexperience with taffeta...
This tragic experience nearly sent me over the edge of sanity, plunging me into a time where absolutely nothing I tried to make worked. Nothing. (Even my thread started fraying)
I know you have all been anticipating the listings, and now you know that when I am stressed out I tend to shut down entirely. (Thus my "C"s in college...another tragic story for later) And in this case, "soon" turns out to be an incredibly relative amount of time.
However, today I was able to pull out of my creative slump, pose Barbie, find my camera, charge the battery, take the pictures, edit them, and get her party dress listed!!

(I even found time to take her to the zoo to visit someone with equally long limbs...if a neck can be considered a limb...)

How did I force myself out of said slump, when my stressed self only wanted to crawl back in bed with a bowl of cookie dough?

1. a LOT of prayer
2. a lot of cussing
3. Mew's "Comforting Sounds"
4. Muse's "Invincible"

I could not function without my ipod, really.
Moreso(a word that means "More so", but looks like"morose", an acceptable alternative for "morso" because it means "having a sullen or gloomy disposition." Which I have had lately when I try to work on things. But "morose" is not what I meant, I meant "More So."), I cannot forget that this store is God's doing, and the icky depression I am prone to is only a fight against that purpose. Icky devil.

My inspired self will now go work on more Quite Lovely clothing for my lovely long-legged model. Bimbo...

~Dutchess

2 comments:

Ellen Denise said...

I'm extressed too, it's so hard be myself and live my simple life, but, what i caan do? if all this is the God' will. So i go back at psalm 27:14 and just wait...

So, how are you??

I don't know what to to begin my service with the girls of my neighbourhood, do you can help me?


have a nice weekend :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are out of your slump! I like the new dress, I can't wait to see more!
Valerie