Friday, August 1, 2008

Dresses in the Mail

I found the most delightful package in my mailbox, full of vintage patterns from my Grandmother!



I have been wanting to do dresses with sleeves, and I am so excited! Since they are fitted busts, they do require massive alterations....



But they are slowly coming along into little dresses, and soon these will actually fit the new dolls!

These two dresses here^^ are from 2 patterns my mom had made when she was little, and the reason I wanted them. I loved playing with her old dresses that are now quite falling apart.....

3 comments:

the delapers said...

So, the new doll doesn't fit in old doll clothes, does the old doll fit in new doll chothes?

The old style like Ihad growing up, really DOES look deformed next to the new one!

Dutchess said...

No, it is tragic. The new clothes don't come close to closing in the back on the old doll.

She does look deformed, but if you look at her job description "fashion doll" and google "fashion sketches" you find her old size and shape......

So......that's what I think of Mattel.....

Jennifer said...

hey...what happened to my comment...?

*sniff*

can't remember what I said...something about the dresses...Oh, well!

The WWII book was my beach book. Light, easy reading for inbetween people and wave watching! It should have come home in my stuff, you can read it.