Friday, October 31, 2008

The Alarming Case of the Lawn Sign Bandits

So we had two glorious McCain-Palin signs gracing our rather large lawn....and our neighbors down the street had littered their tiny yard with signs for every democrat in the state....
One day our two signs were down to one....where had the other wandered off to? We shall never know.
A few days later, the neighboring Obama sign mysteriously went to join our delinquent. 

I occasionally wondered who these sign ninjas were....and what could be their nefarious plans for the signs .....

Soon enough, the neighbors had a shiny new sign...and with a pang of lonliness of our remaining sign, I wondered if I should replace the runaway.....I decided it could stand alone for the short election countdown.

Then last night as I drove home, I didn't see anyone's names reflect my headlights..."Where have they run off to now?" I wondered......I drove by again...Sure enough, the second sign had run off! "Someone must have mistaken tonight for Halloween", I reasoned. Slowly, creeping through our yard, thinking maybe I just missed it, I whispered...."McCain! Palin! Where are you?" No answer.

I pouted and ate some soup.

Tonight, as I slowly drove home from work, past idling cars dropping off Tinkerbells, dead cheerleaders, and small policemen, I happened to look over and notice that the Obama replacement had been taken as well.

I laughed out loud, came home, and ate more soup.


2 comments:

the delapers said...

Any town that has people wierd enough to drive around the streets in a tractor...just to drive around in a tractor...is wierd enough to have sighn snatchers!

Casey said...

lol, thats nuts