Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Scream for the Musical Ice Cream Truck!


As I sat on my deck watching the ice cream truck speed by, it saddened me that the tell-tale tunes from my childhood -- the ones which caused the thrill of finding a parent, older sibling, or kindly neighbor, begging them for money, and racing to catch the ice cream man before he drove on by; the only time little people were allowed to run in the street, which probaly make it more exciting than the ice cream itself --had been traded in for what sounded like a hammer beating an anvil. So I sat dejected as I realized the old fire-brigade sounds were coming from a modern ice cream truck. No doubt he was speeding to escape the angry stares. 

2 comments:

Casey said...

lol, Hey I just heard an ice cream truck come threw our neighborhood for the first time tonight! & those are the exact thoughts I had running threw my head.. I actually ran to the door to make sure the lit' men in my head weren't screwing with me, and there is was.. with torn bright colored stickers of goodies on the side.. Awe. sweet memories

Jennifer said...

Ha ha! As usual, made me laugh!