Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Style Week Day 1

From Esther's blog Unknown Artist, whether because she's convincing, or because we're soulmates through and through, I decided to taker her up on this challenge week:

Goal 1. A dress or skirt every day for a week. 
Goal 2. A different hairstyle each day of the week.
Goal 3. Post a picture of said outfit each day.

Assumption#1. I'm going to have to wear make up on my days off! :-P


fuzzy photo; day one; courtesy of myself

Top: Gap...with lacey edging *squeal*
Skirt: Picked up ages ago at Rue21 after seeing it walk by on a lady at the grocery store....
Apron: One of my grandma's, Just mended it this morning, it is my absolute favorite!
Hair: Variation of Side Braids and Low Chignon done with just a clip, because bobby pins are fairly worthless in my hair...and I was rushed:-D I did curl the fronts, and pin an old beaded necklace along the braids.
Feet: It's summer and they are bare!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

OH! I can't wait to see your week of high fashion!

And perhaps you can give me the correct pronounciation of 'chignon'....

Love this skirt, btw!

EL said...

AWESOME! (for some reason the picture won't let me click on it...oh well...)

So happy you're joining me! =D

Dutchess said...

I HATE the word 'chignon' so much! From what I caught on Youtube from the French lady who made a really ugly one, it's "shin yon" Which is cute, because it's more asian.....