Sunday, May 24, 2009

Of Six Style Week Days:

So...it's time tot alk about what we learned today...wait....

     This week isn't actually over, but I have concluded that it has bred nothing but vanity. Having spent the greater part of this week thinking about my clothes, and trying to get a good photo of myself to share with the world, I hit a particularly low point this morning, as I lay in bed pondering "should I go to church? I am too tired, but I need a picture of a dress....I can't work in a dress today, but....I would hate for them to think I'm bailing....." Then I realized the stupidity and unholiness of my self-conversation, reset my alarm, and went back to sleep.

     I think this challenge would be more effective if it was Seven Days of Feeling Feminine in pants. Or "Gird Up Your Loins Like A Woman." Because all of us here know how to wear a dress, to play in a dress, and granted, there are many women out there who need the boldness to don one on any given day. But the problem I see the most is women who change into men just because they changed into pants. We should be practicing being women wherever we are. That includes climbing ladders all day at work. Yes, it would not be very ladylike for me to flash everyone below me, and Thank God I ended up throwing some leggings under my dress yesterday! However, a cute pair of clamdiggers, and a pretty little top is no less feminine, and much more ladylike given the situation.

That said, I give you my outfit for Day Six:
Maybe I could become a hula girl.....

Clamdiggers and yellow tank from  The Gap
Flutter sleeve top by Old Navy
Shoes....Wal Mart I believe...(another rarity!) And they go with simply everything!
Did my hair in two braids and clipped them up, with a side flower, which I sacrificed a dime for due to Claire's going out of business sale! The headband is also Gap and adds a touch of glam to even the most drab outfit!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi! I found your blog from a link off of Esther's blog.
I wanted to tell you that I think your outfit is still definitely feminine.

Anonymous said...

Deffinately Feminine!!!

Abigail Hastings said...

I like it!

EL said...

You're a goof! A cute goof....